In the current context of surges in infections due to the coronavirus, the Luxembourg Parliament wished by a Law of 23 September 2020, published in the legislative journal, Mémorial A, on the same day (the “Law“), to once again extend, this time to the end of 2020, the option for companies to hold meetings and meetings of shareholders and other corporate bodies without physical presence.
The Law enters into force on 1 October 2020, and thus repeals the Law of 20 June 2020 extending the measures on the holding of company and other legal person meetings.
As did the Law of 20 June 2020, it permits the companies and other legal persons listed in Article 2 of the Law, such as ASBLs, GIEs, GEIEs, etc., to hold general and other meetings of their legal or statutory bodies, without the requirement of physical presence, notwithstanding any contrary provision, or the absence thereof, in the entity’s articles through 31 December 2020.
To find out more about the provisions and modalities of holding meetings without physical presence, we invite you to consult our article on the Law of 20 June 2020 here.
We also invite you to consult our COVID-19 webpage, (which includes direct links to the various laws and regulation, as well as our articles and Webinars) :
- Law of 22 May 2020, extending the deadline for the approval, filing and publication of annual accounts, consolidated accounts and related reports during the state of emergency. Link
- Law of 20 June 2020 extending the measures for the holding of company and other legal person meetings. Link
- Webinar of 23 April « Company law and COVID-19: Holding of meetings and approval and filing of accounts » hosted by Me Renaud LE SQUEREN. Link
- Article of 3 June 2020 « COVID-19: Deadline extension for approval and filing/publication of annual/consolidated accounts » Jean-Philippe FRANCOIS. Link
- Article of 9 July 2020 « End of the state of emergency: A new law on the holding of company meetings » Kelly QUESADA VEGA. Link
- Law of 23 September 2020 on measures for the holding of company and other legal person meetings. Link