Conscious of its social responsability with respect to its environmental efforts, DSM Avocats à la Cour, an independant law firm, is fully committed to reducing its consumption of single-use plastics.
DSM Avocats à la Cour has thus undertaken numerous actions to reduce its waste, be it by providing cups for its employees, buying office furniture without plastic wrapping, making available to all a kitchen equipped with reusable silverware or renting our Christmas tree planted in a pot so that the supplier will come and get it in early January and reuse it.
A law firm free of single-use plastics
To go further in that direction, DSM Avocats à la Cour wanted to make its commitment public by signing the “Zero Single-Use Plastic” manifesto, initiated by IMS Luxembourg, in partnership with the Ministry of Environment, Climate and Sustainable Development. An IMS member since January of 2020, DSM Avocats à la Cour pursues its social commitment with the firm desire to reduce its use of single-use plastic. This is in addition to the firm’s being a signatory of the Luxembourg Diversity Charter and Best Workplace Luxembourg 2020 (Great Place to Work).
The use of 160 tons of plastic and the generation of as many tons of immediate waste are thus spared thanks to the commitment of the 74 signatories of the Zero Single-Use Plastic manifesto, of which DSM Avocats à la Cour is a part.
Renaud LE SQUEREN, Partner and Avocat à la Cour, who initiated this process states “In the face of single-use plastics, DSM Avocats à la Cour wishes to ‘do its part’ by putting into place a real policy of reducing their environmental impact. We thus implement everything to reduce our own footprint and to support projects going in that direction. We applaud IMS for this interesting initiative and thank them for overseeing this project and others in which DSM participates such as “Part&Act” with the legal sponsorship for the Luxembourg Diabetes Association or its cooperation in the dayCARE project.”
Join the movement
The Manifesto can be signed by any IMS Luxembourg member company wishing to commit to the fight against single-use plastic. The Manifesto includes the following 5 commitments:
- Implementing in a signatory organisation all necessary action to reach the goal of withdrawal of products covered by the “Zero Single-Use Plastic” manifesto by the end of 2020;
- Supporting sustainable alternatives and integrating a reflection on the use of multipurpose plastics by the organisation to apply the principles of the circular economy;
- Appointing a Zero Single-Use Plastic ambassador in the organisation, a reference person for the matter;
- Communication in the organisation’s actions to different stakeholders to raise awareness; and
- Support IMS Luxembourg in this campaign and allow them to engage in discussions with the organisation’s concerned suppliers to identify sustainable alternatives.
Join the movement by signing the manifesto here https://imslux.lu/eng/nos-activites/pole-de-specialites/16_zero-single-use-plastic